Who We Are
Susan and Macca McHugh set out in 2020 with a huge dream:
To create a purpose-built space that would fill a void in Rockhampton for people impacted by mental conditions.
Compass House opened its doors in March 2020.
As a Registered NDIS Disability Service, Compass House programs enable clients to function to their strengths.
Our programs operate in safe, stimulating environments which encourage individuals to make the best choices to maximise their funding.
Compass House Pty Ltd is committed to the wellness of individuals through guidance, friendship, encouragement, intervention and education.
Our Core Values:
- To deliver a wide variety of programs and services to support individuals impacted by mental health conditions and to improve the quality of their lives.
- To promote mental health and well-being for individuals through education and training.
- To educate the public about mental health and mental illness; working to eliminate stigma, labels and prejudice.
- To provide a safe, inclusive space at COMPASS HOUSE for individuals impacted by mental health conditions.
- To celebrate the achievements of people with mental health conditions.
The purpose of COMPASS HOUSE is to advance education by:
- Providing life-skills training to people who are impacted by mental health related disability.
- To support each individual to gain the confidence and skills to live independently in the community.
- Providing help and/or supervision of daily tasks to develop the skills of an individual to live as independently as possible.
- Provide motivational support that helps individuals to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives.
- Providing support to individuals families, significant others and carers through engagement, participation and information (with appropriate consent where required).
The purpose of COMPASS HOUSE is to advance social or public welfare by:
- Assisting individuals to achieve their best possible version of personal and emotional wellbeing, whilst living with a mental condition.
- Arranging opportunities for people with a mental condition to interact with other people and have the same life experiences as people who do not have a mental condition.
- Providing care to people with a mental condition who require care while living independently or in group housing.
- Providing group activities to promote individuals’ physical and mental health.
- Providing assistance to people with a mental condition to travel to or from their place of residence, if they have difficulties travelling to their appointments (doctors, social workers, Government agencies) themselves due to their condition.
The purpose of COMPASS HOUSE is promoting and protecting human rights by:
- Acting as an advocate for people with disabilities in relation to their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Advocating for basic human rights for everyone; constantly challenging the stigma and discrimination experienced by individuals with mental or physical issues.